Friday, May 25, 2012

May Flowers, No April Showers.

I've been tired, but at least the plants are doing their jobs. Here's a sample of what's been in bloom over the past week. The Arum is my favorite by far. Everyone has talked about its invasiveness. I haven't found it to take over at all here in the park. I'm sure I'll plant it out somewhere else in the near future and find the rumors to be true. The Bishop's weed around it though, that is every part as obnoxious as everyone says.

 Iris rosario. This dutch iris seems to be less and less pink every year. It's still stunning.

 Cornus kousa

 Physocarpus, just planned a coppertina to complement the colors. I'm waiting to see if it makes it with our irrigation being down.

Kalmia latifolia 'Elf'

Rosa 'Cinco de Mayo'

 Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate'

Kalmia latifolia 'Olymipic fire'

Lamiastrum galeobdolon

 Arum italicum in flower

No comments:

Post a Comment