Friday, January 27, 2012

Not Quite Gardening....

So my dear friend Alex got me a mushroom kit for Christmas/birthday/new years/ roommate situation...

The kit is downright awesome. It's not producing anything anywhere as quickly as it states on the box, but considering my apartment is a million degrees and its still technically the dead of winter, I'm all sorts of impressed.

It even came with a cute little spray bottle.

 And today I noticed...

 Woah..!

 And.. a second mini mushroom.

 
They're growing in coffee grounds so.. they are all sorts of discolored.

Either way, this kit is pretty fun and low maintenance. I just spray it twice a day and that's about it. I've been hoping to grow mushrooms ever since my Vegetable Production class had a field trip on it. Eventually there will be some sweet stir-fries out of this.

If you think mushrooms are super awesome and want to learn more, check out the New York Mycological Society as they have mushroom ID trips all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment