Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Gardening

One part of being a gardener at a public park is that everyone thinks you're just a total interior and exterior designer. That sort of thing just seems to come with the job. If only work saw my  coffee table I pulled out of the trash, or our collection of starwars posters in the living room, they might rethink this sort of thing.

Regardless, all the bulbs get put in the ground in the fall and two minutes after the last bulb is in, someone brings up holiday decorations. And next thing I know I'm looking for a formula for how many pine boughs are required to line a 25 foot circle. I don't really celebrate the holidays anymore so it seems strange to me to design anything for the holidays.

Luckily one of my co workers had input for us this year and spray painted some pinecones for the tree and the parks department did an awesome job at supplying a beautiful tree this year.

Nothing like putting painted pine cones on spruce.

Our festive fire spirit.

And lastly... twigs that I cut along with my thumb. 
I don't normally get sick around blood, but this one was really really gross.

hm... on that note..
May you have a happy holiday and a 2012 full of opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment