Friday, September 21, 2012

Fall annuals part 2

So my last post covered what went in our main bed display. Let's see what went into the smaller beds.

A combination of Violets and Pansy's were added around the playground. The four sides were configured to match the four suits of a deck of cards. I'll take another picture when they're all in bloom. I'm not sure the picture is going to be as successful as I would really like.

Japanese blood grass, Imperata cylindrica 'Rubra', gives great fall color. It's been in the park for a year and so far no reversions or invasive tendencies. If anything I think the original stock was sort of weak. =/


We played around with some standards this year. Here we have a Coleus and Abutilon pruned up making everything super formal. Its an interesting change. The Euphorbia 'Blackbird' looks great in the bottom picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment