Friday, August 3, 2012

Hoya Baby


So after much waiting and debate, my Hoya has finally bloomed.


The flowers are fairly standard for a Hoya, white with reddish centers. Hoya flowers are just amazing in general so I'm very pleased that it bloomed this year. I originally believed this to be Hoya carnosa 'Krinkle' and over the past two years its sort of slowly lost its crinkle. I guess I was hoping that it would have some sort of weird flowers to prove to me exactly which Hoya I have. Alas that's not really the case. The flowers are standard for a carnosa, so for all I know it just had some deformed leaves when I got it at trade. =/

 I'm mean. I make all of my vines grow up instead of hang down.

Still its nice to have something in flower again since my Euphorbia milii has decided that its finished for a bit. I'm sure my cutting off 1/3 of the plant so we could install the window fan had nothing to do with that....

No comments:

Post a Comment