Friday, April 27, 2012

Ct Flower Show

I guess I'm done ripping apart the Philly flower show and now I can move onto Connecticut. I've realized that I didn't really take any pictures of any displays. I know flower shows aren't easy but I can see why no one ever wants to go to the Connecticut show. It's the same displays every year. There are also serious liner issues with every display that has a water feature. The show provides fill for the displays and its becoming apparent that the fill contains sharp objects and should probably be replaced.

But besides that the plant selection is fair for a small show. You have tons of orchids for sale, some over priced annuals in standards and various common perennials that are in prime shape. The amount of 'home' care stuff added to the show (aka windows, cushions, chairs, soap, food etc) is out of hand as it is with most shows.










Most of the specimens that I ended up taking pictures of were from the ct cactus and succulent society. I would be more likely to notice them, but they really just looked fabulous compared to other show plants.

The orchids were lovely as well. 


Some of the floral displays caught my eye. I thought the robot was very cute. (I'm not sure how much the flowers actually added to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment